See normally invisible details: unprecedented image quality and resolution, to micron scale.
Gather input with powerful annotation, comparison and analysis tools. View and share your specimens and collections online with colleagues, teams & clients world-wide.
Complete solution including robotic automation, image capture, post-processing, and online viewing, sharing, and annotation.
After subject setup, Magnify2 runs unattended, freeing you for other tasks.
Saves money and reduces operational costs by automation and use of off-the-shelf cameras and lenses.
Our emphasis on build quality, training and support ensure high throughput and continuous operation for scanning large collections.
Templates available (custom ones too!) for drawer scanning – large collections can be scanned without disturbing specimens.
Turn-key solution, complete and ready to go – with training and support to match your needs.
Specimens are not affected in any way by being imaged, preserving the integrity of the original item.
Designed to fit on a standard trolley and will roll through a standard sized door.
Compact – folds flat for transport and shipping, improving portability and reducing shipping costs.
6 months parts and labor warranty and 1 year technical support give peace of mind (Third party items included in system carry their standard vendor warranty).
Magnify2 System is a complete, high performance, precision robotic 3-axis linear motion control, image capture, post-processing, and online viewing & annotation system. Lightweight anodized aluminum construction throughout. Self-contained control panel and enclosure with integrated camera power, and control systems. A turn-key solution ready to go, out of the box!
All software configured and installed for ready to run operation. GIGAmacro Magnify2 Motion Control System & Capture Software. Zerene Stacker, and Autopano Giga software included. The GIGAmacro Viewer is available for mobile / desktop devices (with annotation, comparison, sharing and measurement tools).
Configured with Windows 8 Professional, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB Solid State Drive, with 22” Touchscreen Monitor. Storage, 3TB Drive.
- Imaging Area/Linear Travel Distance: 635mm (X) x 534mm (Y) x 254mm (Z).
- Imaging Surface Area: 825mm x 750mm (6.5mm Safety Glass). Motion Control Resolution: 4 micron (X, Y); 1 micron Z.
- Optical Imaging Resolution: Resolvable detail as high as 1 micron. Maximum Resolution: Up to 1 micron per pixel.
- Max Speed: 76 mm/sec (X, Y); 12 mm/sec (Z) axis. Bearings, Rails, Lead System: High performance precision
- IGUS Drylin anodized aluminum rails, bearings, lead screws and nuts (no lubrication needed). Maximum
- Dimensions: 97cm width x 83cm length x 91.5cm high. (Folds to 23cm high for shipping)
- Weight of System: 27.5Kg
- Shipping Dimensions: (crated): Inside: 110cm W x 90 cm L x 31cm H. Outside: 107cm W x 94cm L x 36cm H. (2.37m LWH).
- Shipping Weight: 46Kg.
- Control Enclosure Dimensions: 25cm W x 22cm H x 42cm L. 5.5Kg.
- Power requirements: 650 W; 110V or 220V compatible. Additional power needed for imaging computer.
- Canon 5D MarkII, 24MP (Add $1500).
- Canon 5D MarkIII, 24MP (Add $2000).
- Sony A7 Mirrorless 36MP (Add $1500).
Choice of one of the following: (For both, add $1250).
- Canon MPE-65mm Macro lens with GIGAmacro telecentric lens adapter.
- Sigma 105 Macro with GIGAmacro telecentric lens adapter.
Backlighting Feature (Add $2200).
Camera (& related software) Upgrades for Multi-Spectral Imaging Options:
- Infrared Camera and Lighting (modified camera for IR and flash filter) (Add $4850)
- Ultraviolet Camera and Lighting (modified camera for UV and flash filter) (Add $4850).
- MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Add $1500).
- Additional Post-Processing Computer (Add $1500 for Windows, $3000 for Mac).
- 3TB Backup Drive (Add $200).
- Additional 3TB Storage Drive (Add $200);
- 6TB Storage RAID5 System for Increased Performance, Storage, and Redundancy (Add $2000).
Custom Imaging Templates
Software and physical templates for museum drawer imaging. Please contact us for quote.