Take On Our Challenge!We need your help to search out the most interesting, unique, and important subjects/objects. Send us your idea for what you think is the best subject/object for gigapixel macro photography. We'll create a gigapixel macro photograph of the top three winning entries and the winners will receive a large format print of the photograph!
Subject/Object Desired Attributes...
- can fit inside a shoe box
- is larger than a ladybug
- isn't dangerous of course
- has a unique story and importance (personal, research, visual, aesthetic, or educational)
Ideas to start with...
- rare object that most people don't get to see such as a $1,000 dollar bill or a rare collectible
- gross or completely disgusting subject, but one that some people in fact want to see such as a closeup of a hamburger
- subject that is important for a particular research topic such as the work we've done with honey bee brood diseases
- object that is important to you and has a unique story behind it such as keepsake handed down from past generations
- subjects that are currently in the news such as bedbugs
How to submit an entry...Send a low resolution digital photograph and/or a description of the proposed object before January 1, 2012 or earlier. At the start of the new year, we will review the entries and notify the top three winners. Winners will be asked to ship the objects to us for photography. We'll photograph the subject/object and then ship your objects back (insured of course), along with a large format print. Each image will also be available for viewing and sharing online.
Email your entry to Gene Cooper at email@example.com